I’ve got a big secret to tell you.
I believe in:
Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, La Befana, unicorns, Cupid, and that little lepreuchaun who puts those colorful marshmellows into my breakfast cereal …
Oh, and I believe in spreading kindness, goodness and appreciation in all corners of our lives!
Recently, I’ve received kindness, goodness and appreciation from three lovely bloggers who’ve nominated me, here at Lifestyles with Lia, for various Blogging Awards!
Sincere thanks go to my fellow blogger and dear friend Lucile for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” nomination!
Here are the guidelines for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”:
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions.
Lucile’s questions for me:
1. What do you like or dislike about this time of the year?
I like the days after the hustle and bustle of Christmas and New Year’s because I stop and ponder the year just passed and what lies ahead. It’s an introspective time for me.
2. Do you know how to cook and can you share a typical and delicious recipe from your country?
I’ve grown into a good cook, later in life. I delight in creating meals and the sprinkle of love that I put into food is my secret ingredient!
Since the United States is a melting pot of many cultures and ethnicities, it’s hard to choose one recipe that represents the U.S. But I’d have to say the traditional American dessert: Apple Pie!
Yipes! I don’t have a recipe to share here, even though I love to eat it!
3. What is old/aging for you?
Old is a feeling, not a number.
You can be 91 but feel like 21…or vice versa.
4. Did you know any of these nominated bloggers, and if not, would you check their blogs now?
I did know some of them..and those I didn’t know, I’m glad to meet!
5. Are you mad at me because I nominated you for this award and you have extra work to do now?
Mad? Me? Never….I write this post as the sun streams through my apartment window and feel grateful for writing about this award!
And here are my nominations for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”. (I’ve chosen 2 bloggers instead of 5).
Please check out these amazing blogs — I know that you’ll be charmed by them as much as I am!
Here are my 5 “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” questions for
1. What is your “go-to” dinner when there isn’t time to cook?
2. What is one item that you’ve gotten rid of that you wish you would’ve kept instead?
3. If you were stranded on a desert island, what would you want to have with you to read (while waiting for the rescue helicopter to arrive)?
4. What is the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten? Where were you when you ate it?
5. You are given only 2 choices of career: either Professional Surfer or Professional Birdwatcher. Which would you choose?
Another award-giver to whom I am grateful is Estelea ! Many, many heartfelt thanks to her for nominating Lifestyles with Lia for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”!
Here are the guidelines for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 to 15 other bloggers for the award.
- Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them. Provide a link to your post.
- Proudly display the award logo (or buttons) on your blog, whether on your side bar, ABOUT page, or a special page for awards.
Here are the 7 things about me:
1. I dream of visiting Turkey and hot-air ballooning there over Cappadocia. I even once cried while watching a documentary about it!
2. I adore cooking shows…Note to self: Never watch on an empty stomach.
3. I want someone to invent “smell-o-vision” so viewers can share in TV chefs’ kitchen scents! Any inventors out there?
4. As a kid, I used to practice writing my name backwards, which is “Ail“. I remember wishing I could change it because “Yram”, “Nerak”, or “Refinnej” sounded way cooler.
5. I’m contemplating getting a pet fish or a pet turtle…If they’ll have me.
6. I’ve got about 20 different shapes of pasta in my kitchen cabinet. Come over anytime you’ve got a craving for cavatappi, garganelli, or pappardelle!
7. And finally, if you see me walking down the street, don’t be afraid of all the winter outerwear I’ve got wrapped around me. I never met a mitten I didn’t like.
And here are my nominations for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. (I’ve chosen 2 bloggers instead of 7-15).
These two blogs have lots of lovely things to share and they have given me much cause to smile! Please visit them!
And last, but not least, is “The Versatile Blogger Award” that was awarded by What Is Past Is Prologue: Thank you so much!
Here are the guidelines for “The Versatile Blogger Award”:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominee’s blogs & let them know.
Here are 7 other facts about me:
1. I don’t really like chocolate. There. I’ve said it. Please don’t judge me!
2. Even though I don’t speak French, I learned how to sing the national anthem of France, “La Marseillaise”. I’ve been known to break out into song and be videotaped by French tourists in New York. I’m probably a celebrity by now somewhere in Toulouse.
3. When I eat waffles, I won’t take a bite until all the crevices are filled up with maple syrup.
4. I dream of being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey. I’m not yet sure about what, but stay tuned…I’ll let you know what channel I’ll be on.
5. At age 2, I once poured a gallon of olive oil on the kitchen floor just to see what it would look like. Mom still is cleaning oil from the tile grout.
6. My favorite “ice-breaker” question is: “If snow could fall in any flavor, what flavor would you want it to be?” I choose prosciutto.
7. And finally, my own proverb: “When life gives you lemons…ask them to dance.”
Here are my nominations for “The Versatile Blogger Award” (I’ve chosen 2 instead of 15):
These are 2 great blogs that will take you to places that you’ve always wanted to visit! Simply lovely!
In closing, much kindness, goodness and appreciation to those who nominated me as well as to those I’ve nominated!