Thank you! Grazie!
I wish to sincerely thank fellow New Yorker and blogger, Souzapalooza for having nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Upon my nomination, I thought at first that I’d have to go out and buy a new cocktail dress.
However, I’ve learned that the Liebster Award is passed on via one’s own blog and that it was designed to give kudos to bloggers that you enjoy reading! In addition, the Liebster Award provides an avenue for people to meet new bloggers that you’ve found interesting!
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
OK, here are 11 random facts about me….
1. I’m an avid Latin dancer [salsa, merengue, bachata]. On a good day, I’m a cross between Shakira and J. Lo…On a bad day, Frankenstein and Robocop.
2. I dream of changing careers to become a Formula One race car driver for Team Ferrari.
3. I make crazy good home-made falafel and I’m just waiting for chef Bobby Flay to challenge me to a throwdown…
4. I can recite all 50 U.S. state capitals, blindfolded.
5. I have more bottles of red nail polish than I do fingernails and toenails, combined…
6. I can’t fold bed sheets well. I start off with the best of intentions but end up just rolling them up into a ball and hoping no one will notice.
7. I make strong, black coffee every morning in my grandmother’s old-school perculator, circa 1960…No drip stuff allowed in my house.
8. I can speak Italian fluently and also a few words in Spanish and in Russian — Knock, knock…United Nations? Need a new translator?
9. I’ve kept all my notebooks from high school and college (just in case we’ll have a pop quiz tomorrow).
10. I like to snuggle my cheek into warm towels, right out of the dryer. (Note to self: Next time at the laundromat, make sure that they’re your towels and not the lady’s next to you.)
11. I blog with the hopes of making people smile, chuckle and grin…In essence, to make life more carefree and fun! Enjoy!
And these are my nominees: (I’m not sure about how many followers they have, but heck, I wanted to nominate them anyway!)
OK, here are my Liebster Award nominator, Souzapalooza’s, questions to me:
- What’s your favorite meal? My mom’s beef stew (Love ya, Mommina!)
- How do you deal with stress? Going to the gym, Latin dancing, listening to Yanni
- What is your favorite book? “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert (my idol!)
- Who has been the most influential person in your life this far? You know who you are….(xoxo)
- What is your favorite game (board, card or recreational) I challenge you to a game of Parcheesi!
- What is your all time favorite TV show? “Three’s Company” (I always wanted to be Chrissy)
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? Time travel…because I always wondered what I’d look like in a hoop skirt and powdered wig.
- Other than your blog, what is your favorite form of Social Media? Does email count?
- Which family member are you most like? See question #1 (you too, Dad!)
- If salary and skill set were not an issue, what would your dream job be? Being the one who gives names to lipsticks…For example, “Amber Autumn”, “Coral Cutie”, “Majestic Magenta”.
- What’s your biggest vice? I’ve been known to be hypnotized by a bag of Doritos or two…
And (drumroll, please…) Here are my 11 questions to my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award!
1. What is your favorite snack food?
2. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment?
3. What is your favorite dish that you know how to cook?
4. What is your favorite holiday/special event to celebrate?
5. What is your favorite shape of pasta?
6. Who is your favorite Disney character?
7. What is your favorite month of the year?
8. What is your favorite cooking/kitchen smell?
9. What is your favorite outdoor sound in nature?
10. What is your favorite kind of weather?
11. What is your favorite era in history?